Sunday, August 19, 2012

I Am Taking Back The Wheel

I walked into a bad marriage - knowingly.  I saw the signs in time to run, and yet I moved forward anyway.  I lived with this narcissist, who had many symptoms of borderline personality disorder.  I knew early on, and yet I stayed in that situation through 17 years, 3 kids, and 2 marital counselors.  I am learning now the dynamics of our situation and why I did it.

I am nice to a fault, extremely non-confrontational, and obsessively fair, and I am the perfect type of person to be controlled by someone like my ex-wife.  Or at least I was.

I left her a few years ago, and I am taking back the wheel.  I have since found love again, and the future is looking very bright.

In this blog, I intend to share the details of how I ended up where I am today.  I am hopeful that I can help others like me to realize they are not alone.  I plan to offer stories from my former marriage as well as opinions and personal observations about our situation.  I am also hopeful that others who are dealing with or have dealt with similar unbalanced relationships will contribute as well via moderated comments.

I am not a psychological professional.  Readers accept all responsibility for how they process and use my posts.  I will not promise to be fair or balanced in my posts.  Instead, I will post from my own perceptions of situations and leave it to you to understand that her version of the stories may vary.  I will do my very best to be open and honest about everything I post, but I will not use any real names.  I hope that you will find it helpful and that I will find it freeing and cathartic to put it into words.  Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment